TrevorPTweedleD

The Daylight Marriage
Heidi Pitlor
A God in Ruins
Kate Atkinson
Hungry Ghosts (Inspector Ramirez, #3)
Peggy Blair
Terry Hayes
The Quest
Nelson DeMille

The Big Secret

The Big Secret - D.W. Boorn Received a copy of The Big Secret: The Whole and Honest Truth about Santa Clause by D.W. Boorn through the First Reads Giveaway program in exchange for an honest review

It's a well-known fact, from generation to generation that little kids always want to get older faster than time allows. It's also become increasingly apparent that adults wish they could go back to the innocence of their youth and get the elasticity of their skin which has been lost over the years. This book unites the big kids and little kids for a common goal, without any feeling of isolation, or leaving them in search of something more. Roles are distinguished where one side has a special responsibility of creating their own magic by upholding and explaining the legend, and the other side must simply enjoy the ride and believe.

The author explains that magic is everywhere if you look close enough. Fireflies, rainbows, waterfalls, change of seasons, the world of science has brought magic to life. But not everything can be explained scientifically, this is where Santa and the magical world of Christmas comes in. The value of love from parents to their children has grown the legend of Santa Clause exponentially. Think of the game telephone with a global audience, sans the negative poetic license.

This story is interactive which is great for young readers and as an older-younger reader I appreciated the experience. I also love that this book is a practical way of revealing the secret without killing the spirit, utilizing positive reinforcement to settle a life's path. If this book does not become a fixture in my annual Christmas decorations (it would make a good coffee table book) I will make sure to pass this book around and continue the message.