TrevorPTweedleD

The Daylight Marriage
Heidi Pitlor
A God in Ruins
Kate Atkinson
Hungry Ghosts (Inspector Ramirez, #3)
Peggy Blair
Terry Hayes
The Quest
Nelson DeMille

Awaken Our Spirit Within: A Journey of Self-Realization and Transformation

Awaken Our Spirit Within: A Journey of Self-Realization and Transformation - Patsie Smith Received a copy of Awaken Our Spirit Within By Patsie Smith through the first reads giveaway.

Born into the physical world with a spirit, educationally raised a Catholic, famillialy raised a good "boy", developed into a man of greater affection towards spirituality with an indiscriminate feeling towards all religions. Due to being born in a white suburban family in a city near Toronto, does that make me Catholic? How about being born in Kermanshah Iran, would I be a Zoroastrianist? Or how about if I happened to be born in Holguin Cuba, would I practice Santeria?

These questions were brought to my attention once I became more mature and contemplative of all things besides how I was going to satisfy my need for munchies, or how much my head weighs. It made me realize that religion was not made as a personal selection but rather propped up on me by circumstance. I don't want to appear that I am trivializing religions, I am simply trying to reflect my feelings at this important time of my life. One personal aspect that has always stayed true was my spirituality. Early in my life I have always been referred to as an "old soul". From denying the "kiddie table" seat at family gatherings in order to talk with the adults, to preferring to have conversations with my friends parents rather than playing video games, I have always been a litttttttttle different. Around the age of 13 my spiritual growth stagnated and from the age of 22 I have been trying to make up for lost time. I entered into the first reads contest in order to help expedite the process.

This book guides you on how to awaken your inner spirit. From avoiding the downfall of the five illusions of our physical state, the need for detaching our minds from past thoughts that would ensnare us and degenerate our spirit, as well as simply trusting your spirit and going with the flow of the world that is you and you alone. One of my problems in achieving full awakening is the fact that I am in nature an analytical mind that is rarely idle. One key is the realization that the human spirit is infinite and cannot be transcended by the brain. Meditation would also prove to beneficial in harnessing my brain activity and better direct my state of mind from chaotic to orderly.

Although religion may seem problematic, one thing that will always be with you is your true spirit; which you make of it is up to you. This book will allow you to make the most of it.