TrevorPTweedleD

The Daylight Marriage
Heidi Pitlor
A God in Ruins
Kate Atkinson
Hungry Ghosts (Inspector Ramirez, #3)
Peggy Blair
I Am Pilgrim: A Thriller
Terry Hayes
The Quest
Nelson DeMille

Red Thread Thinking: Weaving Together Connections for Brilliant Ideas and Profitable Innovations - Debra Kaye Received a copy of Red Thread Thinking By Debra Kaye through the first reads giveaway.

When I first read the summary of the book, my initial thoughts were that it was going to read like Malcolm Gladwell's Book The Tipping Point. Equally they're very insightful and offer many opportunities for further contemplation, but I thought the latter was more entertaining and therefore successful in fulfilling one of my main priorities when reading a book. I realize Gladwell has been ridiculed for a lack of theoretical credibility. However; I simply felt that while reading his book I was enjoying a "story" with great anecdotes that had a wider reach while Red Thread Thinking read comparable to a educational vehicle with great insights but will ultimately have a limited reach to the audience. If you are one of the types of people who have said "well why didn't I think of that?". You are not alone and lucky for you this book is ripe for the picking. It is time to embrace your inner free spirit typically utilized in childhood like Mallory Kievman did at age thirteen when she invented the Hiccupops and start the innovation process for yourself.

The left- or right-brained argument is one that I have been always interested in. Personally, I have always resided in the left brain hemisphere. This book identifies the fact that with due diligence in regards to the reinforcement of creative activities, even I can gain access to heightened awareness of my creative networks. The social media pente will also prove to be relevant as the breadth of social marketing becomes more expansive, and measuring how influence motivates behavioural change becomes vital for your business. This book also promotes the use of meditation and REM sleep employment for freeing your mind from preconceived ideas in order to promote the innovation of new and out-of-the-box thoughts. Over the years I have also been interested in the regeneration of lost gray matter in the brain from reasons I leave for your imagination. This book provided me with the idea of stimulating new neurons that have not been activated,(I have always wanted to learn Japanese, how about the piano?).

Often times I felt like I have covered a lot of the main talking points found in this book through my educational pursuits, However; I learned many new things from the author's unique perspective ("premortem"), as well as the specified cases, I am going to be looking into buying a Bobble for family and friends. It did not do much in terms of "ringing any bells" or specific to this book I did not encounter a "eureka" moment. This book to me is geared more for the every person who is very innovative, insightful, creative. This person will not have disposition towards the dynamics of business unless they need a refresher, but is looking for inspiration for putting an idea in motion or further innovation.